4.21.2007

I'm a rock star!

In a totally non-chicken, pet or garden related post, I rode my road bike 55 miles today. This by far the longest distance I have ever ridden (by about 20 miles). I've decided that I want to ride the STP (Seattle to Portland in 2 days) this year, and I talked my dad into riding it with me, but I hadn't started getting serious about training yet. Then I looked at the calendar and realized it's only 3 months away!

So when Mike announced he wanted to go fishing on Fish Lake by Leavenworth today, I decided to go join the training rides being held by the Cascade Bike Club. Of course, they started up about 2 months ago, so they've already worked up to 55 miles. I figured, sink or swim, it was time to get going. And you know what? I did it. And I even had fun!

I'll miss next week's ride as I'm going to Orlando for work. So my next ride with them will be 60 miles! Wow.

No comments: