4.24.2007

Jailbreak!

I just got this email from my friend that took Phyllis and the chicks. Had me laughing out loud at my desk so thought it was worth sharing!

***********************
H woke me up this morning to tell me there was a "chicken emergency". That woke me up, let me tell you! She was leaving for work, and as she was driving out she noticed she could see into the coop where we have Phyllis and the babies. As in, the door was wide open. So she got out to look for them, and they were hanging around the coop. So she tried to catch them... which of course made them scatter. She had also let the cats out when she left, so now there were little birds running in all directions and kitties all too happy to help catch them. That is when she came to get me.

It would seem that when I closed the door yesterday I swung the lock shut, but didn't notice it hadn't gone behind the metal plate to keep it fastened. The door sticks, so it stayed shut and I walked away. It must have fallen open at some point, and they decided to go exploring.

I got to start my morning by running around in the rain with a net trying to gather them all up. Phyllis was pretty ticked when I caught a baby (which I hoped would help me catch her... but unfortunately, no). Everyone is back inside and you better believe I am checking that lock from now on! I am impressed by Phyllis' mothering skills, though.. she was pretty good at keeping away from me AND herding both babies at the same time.
***********************

I can totally see this happening in my head! It's exactly what I fear will happen with Jake, Sam and the girls, except then it will be big bounding puppy and big squawking girls!

No comments: