9.09.2006

Have materials, ready to build

M left on his elk trip two days ago and today I went out to get all the materials I needed for my coop to beat all coops. Of course, mother nature picked today to start raining, after more than two months without. Which means that while I got everything, I haven't even begun...

It took me a trip to Dunn Lumber for cedar boards and plywood, a trip to Lowe's for hardware, a trip to Mutual Materials for a few extra concrete pavers and a trip to the Everett Co-op to get chicken wire. But Sam the dog and I accomplished it all in record time. Then we came home and unloaded it all into the garage in the pouring rain.



Now off to the circus for me. I'm going to see Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey with two friends of mine and two small children - one friend's 3 year old daughter and the other friend's young nephew. I, my friends, am not a kid person. It's not that I don't like them, just that I like them better from a distance. However, this is the circus, so I have resolved to enjoy every minute of it. I haven't been to a circus in more than 15 years - so we'll see if it's as much fun as I remember...

No comments: