10.22.2006

Sterling is home

So it’s been more than a few days since I had time to post, and when I tried on Saturday Blogger was down. So here are the updates, split into multiple posts to make it easier to get through…

______________________________________

I came back from Dallas early on Monday and picked up Sterling at about 11:00 pm. Good thing our vet operates 24 hours or he would have been there until Tuesday night. Poor thing! They shaved his neck to get access to the wound, so he looks a bit lopsided with the white skin and gray undercoat showing in contrast to his black hair. He was still all swollen when I got him but the vet was confident that it would go down by the time he was through with his antibiotics. In the end he was only $160 this round.

So here we are a week out and we finished off the antibiotics tonight. What I assume is his lymph node is still a bit swollen so I’ll keep an eye on it for the next few days and call Dr. Z if it doesn’t continue to get smaller.

Overall, he’s glad to be home and I’m glad it was as easy to fix as it was. I love this time of year with him as he’s usually so independent that we only really see him when he wants to go in and out and at night when he sleeps on the bed with us. Now that it’s getting colder he comes in for the evening and sleeps on the arm of the chair by me while I knit and M and I watch some TV after dinner. So nice!

No comments: